We love you!! Thought you'd like to know that Sean, my little red-headed boy, is going to turn 1 years old on the 12th. He's just starting to venture out and take steps on his own. He's so cute! He'll prop himself up on the table or couch, wait until he has my attention and then will let go and clap a few times before grabbing onto the couch so he won't fall. Then he'll scream in pure delight while we all clap for him. He loves to be tickled by Julie. (Julie is living in our basement). When she comes home and he sees her, he knows she's going to come get him and he starts wiggling all over in anticipation. His laugh makes us all smile! Had to cut his hair again. We did it last night. That's his 3rd haircut! I can't believe how much hair he has! Well, not anymore... I cut it a little short.... Not way short, just a little short.
Madison is growing faster than I can keep track of. She loves to play, and has an amazing imagination! She will play for hours! We really enjoy listening to her stories. My favorite thing is when she colors and then comes to tell me the detailed story she has sketched out for me. I just love the way her eyes light up. We read a story about a seed the other day and how they need water, dirt, and sunshine. Then I drew a small flower on a paper and then let her color the rest. When she was done, she had drawn the rain, sun, and dirt all around the flower. I was amazed at her understanding at 2 1/2 years, and it was sooooo precious!
It was a three day weekend this last weekend. Matt's parents took us to a Train Show at Thanksgiving Point. It had a lot of model trains and a huge lego display with scenes from different movies from Lord of the Rings to Back to the Future to Star Wars. Madison loves Thomas the Train, so she and Sean loved watching the trains go around the tracks and make noise. They got little train shirts. Maddie was pretty excited!! After that we went to the Car Show to see all the latest and greatest cars for the upcoming year. Matt was pretty excited by that! He loves to see all the cool cars. I chased the kids around while they climbed in and out of all the cars. (Maddie running, and Sean crawling). Maddie loved playing "driver" and I think Sean was just happy to practice climbing in the cars. It was a lot of fun!
Well, Matt's on his way home from doing a Planetarium show at BYU. He teaches the outreach shows every Tuesday, now, and helps out with the Friday shows. He gets to do the show he co-wrote this Friday called "Murder on the Solar System Express" where their focus is on educating people about the different moons in our galaxy. At least the major ones. There are hundreds!
I'm just trying to hang in there. I started teaching piano lessons on September. I have two students. It's a lot of fun, and I'm learning a lot about teaching one-on-one, which isn't something I experienced too much while teaching 5th grade. Small groups, yes, but not a lot of one-on-one. I like it, it's different and more personal....more tailored and direct. I'm also trying to practice the piano more. Matt bought me a 4 hour recording session at a studio for Christmas. The session is in a few months. I'm trying to get one or two of my songs ready. I'm a little nervous because I want to do more with the songs, but I don't really have a good ear for more than just the piano and melody. Other people put harmony, etc, with my songs, so.... But at the same time, I'm super excited! It's kind of a dream come true! :)
Well, I've got to go,
but we all love you lots!
You're in our prayers!
Loves,
Karen, Matt, Madison, and Sean
I enjoy hearing about life out there too! Thanks for the post!
ReplyDelete