The McNeffs

The McNeffs

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Fun Things and Milestones

So... A lot has happened in our little family the last week.  Here are some:

Sean learned to crawl.  It is super cute to seem him shuffling along.  He hasn't mastered crawling on the hard wood floors (tends to just slide backwards) but he seems empowered by his new skill.  :)

At the same time, Sean also learned to pull himself up and walk around things while holding onto them.  He's still a beginner and his feet don't always keep up with his hands, but I was surprised!  Have to not only baby proof the floor, but also the coffee table, couches, etc.

Madison's language skills are improving dramatically.  The balance has finally shifted that I understand more than I don't!!!

She has also learned... well, more like, come to the realization... that she can open her door and leave the room.  This happened one morning when, to our delirious happiness, Matt and I slept in.  All the sudden we heard a knock at Maddie's door, followed by the door opening and her coming into our room.  "Mom?  Dad?"  I thought, "Oh no, there go my naps!"

An example of both of Madison's new skills was demonstrated last night.  We put her to bed, and then I taught a piano lesson.  Immediately after finishing, I left with Julie to do some quick shopping before stores closed.  My student, Miranda, Matt's sister, stayed and talked with Matt for a while.  Matt said he heard Madison's door open and the pitter-patter of her feet down the hall.  She came over and Matt picked her up while he was talking.  After a while, she got down and wandered through the house.  Matt said she came back and looked at him.  "I can't find Mom," she said.  (Yes, she used a contraction, which is just cute to hear her use).

But wait, there's more!

A couple of weeks ago, we were saying goodbye to Matt as he headed to school.  We were all waving, "Goodbye, Dad!" when all the sudden, Sean started waving!  I couldn't believe it.  We never worked on him with it, he just started doing it.  It was his first definite communicating action.  I thought it was a fluke, but a couple days later, Brian was over with his kids for FHE.  When Sean went to bed, Brian told his kids, "Okay, everyone say goodnight to Sean."  And Sean immediately started waving to everyone.  Goodnight and Goodbye sound pretty similar.  Ever since, Sean will wave goodbye.  And just a couple days ago he added my favorite part: he says "Bye, bye, bye!" or says the 'b' sound.  He also likes to say 'Dadadada' 'Mom', though I'm sure not certain he knows it's us.  :)  His favorite sound and thing to do is still to laugh.  He has always loved to hear people laugh, and he'll join in, even when he has no clue what's going on.  :)

Wait, one more!

Tuesday, Sean bit my finger and we discovered, he got his FIRST TOOTH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment