The McNeffs

The McNeffs

Monday, October 1, 2012

Unexpected

Well, that was unexpected!

Madison and I played all morning, it was a lot of fun!  We inherited a barn that makes noises, and a wind up radio.  And she had me wind the radio thing over and over while she played with the barn.  She also colored while I sewed some repairs, and then we played with the magnet letters on a cookie sheet.  After a while, she brought me a sweater and I put it on her, and then she kept hitting the front door.  So we went out and went on a walk.  She took me everywhere.  I'm trying to teach her to hold my hand when we're in the 'street' (the blacktop).  She was curious about everything and it was fun to find our shadows.

We came back in after a half hour, I took off her shoes and socks.  Then, as I put them away, she came and made sounds like I was to follow her and she made sure I was.  We got to her room, and she pointed at her monkey in her bed.  I asked if she wanted it and she nodded, so I grabbed it.  She asked me to pick her up, then pointed at her blanket in her bed.  This was a sure indication that she wanted to take a nap.  So, as unexpected as it was, I sang her some songs and put her down.  I guess she hasn't completely outgrown her morning naps, yet.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment