So... I'm getting a little caught up in a new craft and I like it! I think I'm going to make a quiet book. Trying to think of things Maddie would like early on that she won't outgrow really fast. I've enjoyed getting on Pinterest and looking at others' work.
For now, I'm making the activities and storing them until I finish and then I'll make the book. The nice thing is that we can play with the activities before I ever get the book finished (which is good because I have to wait for coupons to come out every week before making the next part). ;)
First Activity: Felt Board Dress-up Doll. I understand Maddie is too young to really get into this, yet, but I think it's a lot of fun, regardless. If anything, it's fun to make the clothes, and I can add on as I go!
Here is the finished product (although I think I'll add eyes, nose, and mouth):
I've been meaning to do something like this for Quinn. I have the flannel boards on the wall, I just haven't ever made anything to put on them lol.
ReplyDeleteI think it's fun! Here's one that I'm really excited to put in the quiet book. I bet Quinn would like it, plus you have a template to start from. http://laurathoughts81.blogspot.com/2011/06/quiet-book-week-put-on-armour-of-god.html
ReplyDeleteI've had to enlarge the templates for Maddie's little hands.
Of course, you could also check out my Felt Crafts board on Pinterest for the other ideas I'm pulling from. There's a cute one with a farm on the wall, or racetrack on the wall.
Delete