Matt is still going to BYU, majoring in Physics, and working part time. He is currently applying for some internships, which could take us as far away as Texas for the summer. (This somewhat scares me, but I’m excited, too.) He is a wonderful father, and Maddie loves being around him, so much! Every time we walk into the room where he’s studying, she stares at him and makes noises until he looks at her. She is also very good at saying “Dad! Dadadada!” which makes Matt smile. He is also the best husband, ever, --all the sweet, little things he does, the way he listens to how my day was, and grins when he walks through the door, even when his day was rough….! J
I am learning how to be a homemaker! This is a new phase of life for me! I’m not teaching this year, or at least I’m not teaching 36 kids, just one really sweet one! Getting the hang of balancing my time between dishes, laundry, me time, and Madison is challenging. But, you know, I absolutely love it! I’m even learning how to cook!! (I know, shock!) I’m also trying to keep up on song writing, and I’ve become hooked to scrap booking!
Madison is the joy of our lives! Last week she made the whole grocery store laugh because she was giggling up and down the aisles! She can sit up on her own, though she still flops over easily. She is wearing 12 month clothes and I’m just so shocked how fast she’s growing! Maddie Ann loves her baths! She’s just figured out how to splash and we both come out pretty wet. Her solid food experience has just begun. She really likes sweet potatoes and squash. (I’m trying to make her a veggie lover.) Lately, we’ve been teaching her to fall asleep on her own, and in the process her favorite toy has become the monkey we leave in her bed. (The monkey looks exactly like McKenna’s.) It’s cute to see her smile at it as we put her down. Today, I put her down and then watched her fall asleep through a crack in the door. She took the monkey and put it on her face and fell asleep. I giggled. Funny what we find comforting, isn’t it?
Love,
Matt, Karen, and Maddie
No comments:
Post a Comment