The McNeffs

The McNeffs

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hope of America --May 6

Well, I'm the 5th grade teacher who is in charge of Hope of America each year for our school.  It is a crazy cool event!  They get a 5,000 voice choir together made up of 5th graders mostly and we sing patriotic songs, etc.  It's been going on for a long time, and has gotten so big, they split it between two nights (a total of about 10,000 5th graders).  They have to perform in the Marriott Center because there are no other facilities around that can accommodate this massive event!

 We're the first two rows of Red on the right side of the flag.  Matt's brother, Gabe, was also there, but I believe his school was on the top on our same side.
This is the final song called "We Can Be a Light."  I love the effect of the flashlights!

No comments:

Post a Comment