So I've been trying to think of fun ideas to make memorable and useful photobooks. I've really enjoyed filling my new Pinterest board with ideas! (Thank you, Pinterest!) One that popped up that I want to try is making my own ABC book using toys and things from around our house and also I saw one about feelings and stuff, taking pictures of my own kids.
However, one idea that I was super excited about was using my kids' favorite toys as characters in a story. (Think Winnie the Pooh.) And then I thought how fun it would be if I made one of the kids the main character!
So on a whim, I decided to write my own story with Maddie as the main character... I'm thinking as a Christmas gift. However, I was pressed for time and couldn't think of a story. I tried to elicit Matt's help, but he was at work, so he suggested I have Maddie tell me a story. I did. I followed her around for about an hour with a pen and some sticky notes, listening, interviewing, and asking for more information when the story seemed to have gaps. I then had her draw pictures of some of the characters and things, we created a rocket ship, and I did a quick 5 min photo session having her pose in different ways (mostly just telling her to do different things and then trying to get as many pictures as possible). I also did a 5 min photo session with a few of the other main characters, scanned in her drawings, and Voila! One of my most favorite photo books of ALL time!!
....Now all I have to do is create one with Sean as the main character.... :)
To see the book, click on the link below.
http://www.picaboo.com/?share=a685d440461ab02c0abd7c882f1ab0a0&version=508915&siteID=ViaPreview
No comments:
Post a Comment