Well, we've had some colds this week which has slowed us down... a little. Good ole' necessity doesn't let you slow down too much, huh? :) Besides pretty long naps and long snuggle times, life is pretty much normal. (Though the extra snuggles are a really nice treat!)
This week the kids and I decorated a couple of cardboard boxes and called them cars! Maddie is currently loving the movie Cars and asks for it constantly. Sean thinks it is really funny and will laugh at just about anything Mater does. :) I started pushing them back and forth in the cars making car noises. After a while, I needed a break, so I said, "Red light!" To which Maddie immediately responded, "Green light!" and we started all over. Now I have to say "Stop sign," because they require a slight pause in motion, and Maddie can't rush it. :) It's fun. One of my favorite parts about these cars is that occasionally, Sean will find one and he'll climb in and then look up at me with an expectant expression. Another is that I tease them by "crashing" them into each other. Maddie will giggle and giggle. Today I came up with "Traffic!" for which I inch one forward a few inches, and then inch the other, and back and forth. It's a good break trick.
So, I love the Orem library! One of my favorite things is 10am story/lap time. We try to go once every other week. The last time we went, one of the activities they showed us was "making a pizza" on your toddler. So every now and then I'll scoop one of the kids up, toss them like pizza dough, roll and smooth out their limbs and then I'll spread sauce on them (miming of course!), place pepperoni, and then sprinkle with cheese (which usually involved some light tickling), followed by eating the pizza (for some serious tickling!). Sometimes I'll ask Maddie what she wants on her pizza, and we get some crazy toppings. :)
The last two weeks of doing the laundry, I've had a lot of help. When I fold, I'll separate the kids' clothes into bags that I can take into their rooms later. Last week, I brought Maddie's clothes in, and asked her to help me. Well, Sean followed her and wanted to help. So he would pick something out of the bag, I would tell Maddie what it was while he handed it to her, and she would put it away. It was incredibly cute to see them laughing and putting the clothes away. Sean looked so proud to be helping. He then followed me into his room and emptied his bag, giving it to me so I could put it away.
Last night, Julie and I got crafty! We pulled out a bunch of my craft supplies (many from her) and made little pom pom animals. I need to go get my camera so I can show a picture of them. Maddie loves them! I'm going to use them as church toys. (Always looking for quiet toys that don't roll away because our church is sloped.) I hope they last a few weeks. Sean has a good grip! He thinks they're pretty cool, too. Julie and I had a blast, and I am planning to make more... once we get some more big puffs.
Other than that, we're very happy with Matt's Spring semester schedule! He's home so much and both kids just love it! Not to mention their mother! We just bought some swimming floating stuff for the kids because our gym is supposed to reopen their pool this month, but it's all 3ft or deeper, besides the ramp to get in. Got Sean a floaty he can sit in, and Maddie a life vest that fits her better. I've been working through some of my "deal with later" piles and organizing some things. Wal-Mart has shoe box size tubs for 88 cents, so I've been stocking up on, and using, them. It's so nice to be able to see what I have and have it stack-able! Hooray! I love organizing! Can't wait to attack the basement and the garage....! One half hour at a time (since that's about all I get a day without kids to worry about).
Speaking of which, it sounds like nap time is over! Grocery shopping!
No comments:
Post a Comment