Well, Maddie is discovering the joy of movement! I think she's been pretty frustrated the last few weeks that she can't get places on her own. She's been working on her arm strength, and has been purposefully rolling a little, but today she moved a little further into the self-propelling world! First of all, she moved all the way across the room! Second, she ended up in the kitchen and began propelling herself backwards with her hands. She was very proud of herself! I'm proud of her, too. Hilariously enough, I told Matt last night (in a moment of stress) that of course I couldn't sit down and rest, I needed to reorganize part of the house because Maddie "would" start crawling tomorrow. He assured me that she wouldn't be crawling. Well, he was a little right, and i was a little right. She's not crawling, but she's rolling and scooting! =D
She started at the blanket where I'm sitting and moved all the way over there behind the filing cabinet!
Here are some videos of the event:
Maddie Moving
Maddie Moving2


Too fun! Yeah, the baby-proofing takes on a whole new face as they 1) scoot, 2) crawl, 3) pull themselves up, then 4) walk, with each being a different level of "proofing." Good job Maddie!!!
ReplyDelete